6 Benefits You Get From Completing Activity Books

This summer while I visited my family, I worked on a couple of activity books for adults. In retrospect, I realize that experience caused me to think of several benefits of those puzzles. I'll list them below.



#1

They're fun, plain and simple. We all need this in our lives. Activity books allow us to kick back and simply enjoy ourselves.

#2

Activity books aren't mindless fun. While mindless fun has its place, using our noggin is also a good idea. The puzzles found in activity books offer us a place to do that. I enjoyed some of the number-related exercises that I assumed initially would be too hard. Like the word search made up entirely of numbers. My niece and I enjoyed that one more than we expected.

#3

We all need to challenge ourselves from time to time and some of these puzzles will do that for us. For example, I'd never tried Sudoku puzzles before but ended up understanding them while working on one of the adult activity books my parents had. There was another numbers-related game that was challenging, which I enjoyed, says someone who never loved math.

#4

Activity books are a way to bond with those we love. My nieces completed some of the puzzles with my mom while I completed a few of the puzzles with my older niece. The exercises were a sense of fun and accomplishment that we completed together.

#5

A fifth benefit is that these activity books give us something to work on when we're bored. When I felt bored, I'd simply pick up one of the exercises and it filled the time while giving me something fun to do, challenging myself, and being present rather than worried about the future or regretful about something in the past.

#6

Finally, activity books allow you to get your mind off your troubles. They can act as a grounding exercise to put you firmly in the present without cares or worries.

Now that I've shared these six benefits, are there any you hadn't thought of before? Which do you relate with most or which one has you wanting to go out and get an activity book right away? I'd love to hear from you in the comment section.

By the way, I have several activity books on my Amazon storefront. Some are for children and others for adults, and I often add extras like journal pages or reflection prompts. Check them out here and let me know if you make a purchase.





Comments

Popular Posts